Site Canada Scholarships
Site Canada Educational Scholarship
Site Canada is sponsoring up to a maximum of $9,000.00 CAD for three (3) Scholarships of up to $3,000.00 each to the Site International Conference in Beijing, China, September 14-17, 2012.
For more information on the Site International Conference 2012 please click here.
The criteria for submission includes the following:
- Must be a member in good standing of the Site Canada Chapter
- Write an essay of (750 – 1,000) words. (see application for details)
- File a report within 30 days after attending the conference which will be printed in the Site Canada Chapter's sitelines.
- Must submit activities based on the criteria outlined in the application document. All activities require documentation to support the submission (I.e. receipts from conference attendance, copies of articles written, etc.)
- The selected candidate is expected to attend all sessions and activities in the program.
FOR THE COMPLETE APPLICATION CRITERIA DETAILS PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION.
The scholarship will consist of the following:
- A maximum of ($3,000.00) for reimbursement of expenses (airfare, registration, accommodation) to the Site International Conference, September 14-17, 2012. Original receipts are required for reimbursement.
- The scholarship is non-transferable
- Notification of cancellations: The Site Canada office must be notified in writing if you are unable to travel immediately. Any costs related to the cancellation, will be the responsibility of the recipient.*
Deadline for submission for the Educational Scholarship is Wednesday, July 11, 2012. Submissions should be faxed to the Site Canada Chapter office at (905) 567-7191 or e-mailed to: . Submissions after the deadline will not be considered.
Submissions will be reviewed by one (1) Executive Site Canada member and two (2) members at large. Four successful members will be informed by Friday, July 13, 2012.
Scholarship preference will be given to applicants who have not received a scholarship award in the past two years.
* Trip cancellation insurance would be highly recommended.
Site Canada Student Scholarship
Site Canada is providing financial assistance to students who are currently attending a Canadian post-secondary institution studying in the fields of hospitality, tourism, incentive travel or meeting and event management
The applicant must be currently enrolled as a fulltime student in a one year program or in the second, third or fourth years of their study. Part-time students with a minimum of 6 hours of courses per week who have completed their first year of study, are also eligible.
There are two main scholarships available and each scholarship includes:
1. Membership in Site Canada for one year
2. Registration for one Site Canada Chapter Event – excluding the Golf Tournament and the Summer Social.
3. Registration to the Site Canada Education Day on Tuesday, November 14th, 2012
4. A maximum travel allowance of $1000, if required, to attend a Chapter Meeting or Education Day (with supporting documentation)
5. $875 CAD for education expenses such as tuition, course materials, etc.
There are also additional secondary Site Canada Education Day Scholarships that will provide recipients with complimentary registration for Site Canada's Education Day on November 14, 2012.
Site Canada Young Leader Scholarships
Site Canada offers our Young Leaders several different scholarship opportunities throughout the year. To view current scholarship opportunities please visit the Site Canada Young Leaders page.