Site Code of Ethics
When you choose to do business with a Site member, you are tapping into a talented, professional network of business owners and leaders.
Site founders held ethics in high esteem. They wanted to build a community of like-minded professionals who approached business in a fair and equitable manner. From the beginning, the Site Bylaws called for a standing Ethics Committee. In order to become a member in good standing, each applicant must provide a referral from an existing member and their name and reputation goes before the Executive Committee of local chapters. While Site does not "certify" members, we do seek to build a network that you can rely on.
The following is from the Site Code of Ethics and Conduct handbook.
Site cannot prosper without the practice of good business ethics by its members.
- We believe in treating others as we would like to be treated.
- We believe in dealing honestly and fairly with each other, clients, providers of services, employees or employers past and present, and with the general public.
- We recognize the right of those with whom we deal to make a profit.
- We believe that business profitability is not only a right, but an obligation in order to preserve the continuity of our business and the quality of our product and service.
- We believe that we have the responsibility constantly to strive to improve our product and service to make it the best value possible.
- We believe that the best interests of all are served when we pay fair wages and provide steady employment, education, and career opportunities for our employees.
- We believe in a policy of proper conduct with courtesy to all individuals with whom we deal, and in prompt and undisputedly excellent service to all our customers and business associates.
- We expect all Site members to represent their companies and their products and services honestly and proudly.
- We believe that we have a responsibility to our customers, suppliers, business associates, and fellow Site members, and this should take precedence over all other interests.
- We believe that there is an interaction between business policies and social responsibilities, and that all business policies should be aimed at the mutual satisfaction of all business associates.
- We believe in and encourage membership networking. Site members are encouraged to give first right of refusal on equal terms of service, rates and conditions to their Site colleagues.
Code of Ethics
- Applicants for Site membership recognize the role of Site in providing a platform for professionalism, quality, education and business opportunities, and accept personally and, within the scope of their authority, on behalf of their companies the responsibility to abide by and follow Site’s policies and Code of Ethics.
- Applicants for membership shall not misrepresent their qualifications and experience in the incentive industry, shall not claim to be in a discipline in which they do not belong at the time of application, and shall not seek unjustified references or otherwise mislead their sponsors.
- All members shall support the purpose and goals of the Society of Incentive & Travel Executives.
- No member shall solicit a proposal or seek terms, conditions, format or ideas from another with the intent of taking unfair advantage of the information which may be obtained as a result of the solicitation or with deliberate intent of using that information to manage his/her own program without the services of that company.
- No member shall use a supplier’s complimentary services to visit a destination for an inspection without specific present or future interest on the part of the member to place business at that destination and with that supplier.
- No member shall take confidential information or creative ideas of his/her competition and/or current or former employer(s) and present them to customers as his/her own exclusive creation.
- No member shall take confidential information or creative ideas and send them to competitors of the provider for any reason.
- No member shall knowingly make false or misleading statements:
- About competitors.
- To secure otherwise confidential information.
- About the member’s expertise or ability successfully and professionally to meet a potential client’s needs.
- About rates, costs, accommodations, transportation, capacities or any other factors regarding a proposed program.
- No member shall solicit a proposal from a supplier without intent fairly to consider the proposal.
- No member shall purposely misinform or mislead, by act or omission, a supplier as to why a program proposal was rejected or why another’s proposal was accepted.
- No member shall intentionally or negligently misinform or mislead, by act or omission, his/her clients about actual conditions or existing services and his/her ability to deliver a program.
- Unless privileged relations or agreements already exist, suppliers asked to quote on the same business by different customers shall treat all customers equally, with confidentiality, offering the same conditions and giving them the opportunity to compete on equal terms.
- Members must protect the confidentiality of all business arrangements and not knowingly reveal details of such agreements.
- A member shall honor signed contracts in spirit as well as in intent and will make every effort to honor all commitments, both written and verbal, as may be legally required.
- No member shall exclude, without good cause, another buyer or supplier who is already involved in a client’s proposal.
- A member intending to leave his/her employer and work for another firm or to establish his/her own company shall abstain from soliciting future business for himself/herself or another company, and shall not displace any confirmed business or take advantage of confidential information as long as he/she is under contract to the last employer.
- A member shall deal honestly and fairly with all members and business associates.
- Membership in Site implies that members have read the Code of Ethics and that they fully agree to apply it, conducting business accordingly. Breach of any of the above articles may result in disciplinary action including expulsion from Site.
For more information please contact .